Thursday, March 11, 2010

¿mande?...

Today I start my private Spanish lessons.  Damn, I need them.  It's not like I can't speak Spanish or that I am at a total beginner level.  I just lack confidence and I second guess myself all of the time.  I just need to start most of my days out with someone correcting me that is not my friend or someone I'm getting to know.

In mexico city, I took a week and a half of Spanish classes at the Frida Spanish School. It kind of sucked.  Even though I found my professor amusing to say the least, for a week I was stuck in a group environment that did not match my level.  All the students were at various levels and we all wanted to learn different things. 

That's why I chose to peace out of taking classes with an institution (which are entirely too expensive if you want private lessons).   And instead wait for an opportunity to find a private instructor when I arrived in Lima.  I went online and found one person but despite negotiating down, I found someone else through my connections with Chuya.  We will see how it goes. 

Also, I'm taking dance classes en festejo with the same teacher I had in November when I took salsa classes with Czarina Kim. More on that later.

Note:  ¿mande?...If you go to Mexico, be prepared to say "¿mande?" if you can't hear what someone said or you don't understand what someone said. I like it better than "¿que?" o "¿como?"

No comments:

Post a Comment