Friday, March 12, 2010

Itching to DJ


What are you doing here?...  People ask me that all of the time in Peru...more than in Mexico City actually.  And I just want to say "i'm just eating, drinking juice, hanging out with the girl I'm in love with...just to put it simply "i'm chilin'".  But I don't say that because I'm not sure what it means to be 'out' here and my other answers either just arouse more questions that I don't care to answer.  Or people give me that look like "who the hell is she?".

Instead, I usually say that I'm here to practice my Spanish (true but not the whole truth and nothing but the truth..so help me...) but at the same time, why should I give a damn whether or not my answer sounds practical or privileged or justifiable. I'm here for so many reasons and sometimes I add on  reasons and other days I unload a few because they just don't apply anymore.

So today's reason that I am here is that I am going to make a mixtape with my amigo who also lives in Jesus Maria.

Part of traveling includes a musical journey and often times that musical journey happens on the modes of transportation that take you to point A to point B.  And this mixtape, hopefully will be an exploration of that...idea in progress....through our constant mode of transporte here, the combi.



Note:  The first pic above is the Mothershiester aka Slammer aka this blogger in one of her dj disguises!!!...thanks to THE CHILD for her awesome photo skills, Czarina Kim for wardrobe, and Jalane for lighting

No comments:

Post a Comment