Monday, March 8, 2010

El Galpon

 Close to the apartment I share with Chuya in Jesus Maria, there is a cool space in the neighborhood of Pueblo Libre.  El Galpon is kind of a vestibule for multi-media collaborative projects--expocisiones de arte y otras obras.  Usually there is a performance or exposition of some sort and afterward the night ends with a dance party.  On Friday, chuya, precolumbian, and I went to one of their events featuring 4 or 5 artists.  I couldn't really tell you what I saw and the meaning behind it but I will procure some pictures and post.  Also its pretty hipsterish--which is a loaded word, i know, but in this case, I have no judgments. I just want to go back to see how i feel about that.

They seem to host events every week so if you're in town it's worth checking out.

Hopefully, I can set up an interview with the founders of this space.

P.S. I've been spending a lot of listening time with this awesome podcast by my d.c. amigo, dj bottombracket bracket

No comments:

Post a Comment