Sunday, February 14, 2010

To all my homies...mis socias...mis bebidas de vida...mi chicXs por vida

If you´ve read yesterday´s post, you , I was kind of frustrated over my feelings of loneliness and lack of motivation. Today I woke up happy for a couple of reasons.  Last night, I dragged myself to this awesome bar, La Nueva Babel.  It serves good mezcal and hosts local bands like this one that i saw last night.  

And I stayed there until almost 3 a.m. drawing because that´s what I do now. I sometimes feel uncomfortable bringing my camera to certain places, at certain times, and also sometimes I don´t feel like taking pictures.

 But I want to remember the places that I go and the people that I see and meet. So yeah..what I do to fulfill that need is to draw? I´m not good at it but it calms me down when I´m nervous and helps me notice all sorts of details.  Unintentionally, it´s a conversation starter that takes away attention from my race and focuses it on what I´m doing.  There are very few times that I want to chat with people for more than a couple of minutes but its nice that someone is talking politely to me instead of talking about me or staring.

When I find a scanner, I´ll start posting my drawings.

Also....

One of mis socias sent me this awesome song/video on this day of friendship...En espaNol, El dia de amistad

and I wanted to share it with the lectores dedicados that I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment