Thursday, February 11, 2010

Is there a song about lonely travels?

Viajando como asi es un poquito solo cuando tu quedas en uno lugar.  Yeah, I did scoff at the idea of going place to place when i decided to go down south and I stand by my choice. 

Backpacking right now is not for me, folks. I prefer living in a place not just hit and run (right now i´m gulping down my michelado at Lynis, this restaurant on La Paseo de la Reforma and it feels good to feel familiar with this area...to take my time here). 

But such travel seems positive in alot of ways.  Always moving, never having time to think or miss anything in a consistant manner.  Yeah, i´m over simplifying this but now that i´m back in D.F., that´s all i have time for...think...think...miss...miss..

For the most part I´m fine but its those times late at night when I wish I was so exhuasted that laying in bed is enough to pass me out or other times when I just want to talk to someone until we both drift off in mid sentence.  Those are the times I feel so lost.  And another problem is that I could recieve all of the companionship that i want but i want certain companionship and i´m too tired right now to recieve so many new connections. 

I spend alot of time crying at my neighbor´s house.  She always commands `'¿Porque estas llorando mi linda?'' meanwhile she´s crying as well.  And I tell her i cry because I am sad to leave and that´s definitely part of it (actually, when i´m with her, it´s definitely the greatest bulk of the tears) but I´m also relived that I´m going back to someplace familiar even for a little while because staying here alone is hard after having such an awesome physically present support network.  And even though i´m leaving for Peru, two weeks after staying in d.c. at least I will be with someone I am familiar with, someone who understands me, and someone who i long to be with.

With all that said, I do have a half-ass cure and i suggest you do it (drum roll...please).....

Go see a U.S. movie at the movie theater in the country that you are visiting (especially if its cheaper than in the united states).  I usually spend 3 to 5 dollars on a movie and its worth it.  They are usually new and it gets me out of the funk I´m in and its subtitled so I learn new words in spanish.   

Tonight I´m watching El Libro De Los Secretos con Denzel Washington (aka the book of eli). And yeah on the regular, i would never pay to watch this movie in the states but for 2 hours, i don´t have to think...and for someone who doesn´t have a t.v.  This is gold because i´m thinking all of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment