Friday, January 27, 2012

2 Years Ago....

In 2 years, so much has changed for me.  2 years ago, I took residence in Mexico City, along the borders of La Roma and La Zona Rosa.  The days were warm.  The nights were chilly--a reminder that it was still winter despite the daily offerings of heat.  Never had enough layers to keep me toasty at night.  Between Midnight and 2 a.m., I would go on mini-adventures in search of fresh alfalfa juice, tacos, and cheetos. And I would regularly drink a half a bottle of tequila without getting a buzz.

When melancholy would set in, sometimes loneliness would win out.  This could have been harder to bare if I hadn´t made friends with awesome folx like my neighbor and....Las Machas. This fierce group of ladies took me in like a kitten caught in the rain and eased my loneliness.  Una de l#s Machitas, ChiChis Glam, invited me to DJ her cumpleaños. And the night brought me closer to home.


No comments:

Post a Comment