Friday, April 16, 2010

Let Your Booty Bounce....to the cajon

hey kids, 

last saturday I went to the inauguration of the III FESTIVAL INTERNACIONAL DE CAJÓN PERUANO

 There is still alot of time to catch these events commemorating the cajon.  Just go to the Centro Cultural de España


recentemente, i have been super into the sounds of the cajon.  When i'm down about Lima, i think about this instrument because it is so peruvian, it is so african, it is so simple and takes my body and mind to places that I are familiar and comfortable that I just can´t help but feel good.  

And i kind of have unmotivated dreams to learn how to play, take my own cajon back to d.c. and play on 14th and park.  Way too romantic and unrealistic but every day since taking my festejo classes, i have slowly fallen in love with that box that makes sounds that make your booty bounce.

No comments:

Post a Comment